Thanks to the initiative by Mustafa (85PMIR), Shantaram (90PMIR) and ‘Rocky’ Vijay Kumar (80PMIR), there were these 18-20 of us who met in Gandhi Nagar Club, Chennai on 21st December… the bandwidth was wide, with R Vankataraman (71BMD), Suraksha Giri (72BMD) and Vernon D’Costa (73BMD) at one end of the spectrum, and Tathagat Kumar (06BMD) at the other…

Some photos:






The ‘infection’ flew across Bay of Bengal and reached Singapore, and so a repeat happened on Dec 2nd at Wine Company (the name of the place is just appropriate for the occasion – thanks to Ramesh Ramakishnan (85BMD), Rajesh “Ciggy” Soundarajan (99BMD) for organizing this… besides the passerby like me, it also helped many who had recently shifted to Singapore to get connected….
… Given the fact, the invite went under a subject line “Jobless – and in Singapore” it was heartening to find so many jobless people at one place ;0)

Some more pix: Have a decko:









For me, personally, one of the many highpoints of this trip was the visit to National Univ of Singapore (NUS), where I spent an afternoon with Jayanth (y2K PMIR) who has recently joined the place as a faculty after his PhD from London Business School, and with Kulshaan (01PMIR) who also dropped in. Jayanth asked me if I knew a prof called Dr Ramadhar Singh… of course, I knew him – he had taught me in IIT/Kanpur. I knew that he had shifted to NUS, but thought that he must have retired. Apparently, I was wrong and Jayanth and he are working on a joint research paper. And so we went to meet him, and spent some time with him.

So here is the pix of 3 generation of profs… me, my teacher and my student…