Wednesday, November 14, 2007
From the Telegraph
XLRI School of Business and Human Resources is set to get deemed university status.
XLRI director Father N. Casimir Raj told The Telegraph: “UGC has agreed in principle to grant us deemed university status.”
He, however, clarified that that though a verbal assurance has come from the University Grants Commission, the business school is yet to receive a formal notification.
“UGC has verbally told us that in principle they agree to our proposal for deemed university status which was sent about a year ago. Now we will pursue the matter so that the written confirmation reaches as soon as possible. We will then apply for a no-objection certificate (NOC),” Fr Raj said.
An NOC from the state government is a must for any institute to begin autonomous operations.
At present, Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra, and Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, are the other deemed universities in the state.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
From the XLRI blog:
With domestic stipends reaching astronomical heights of Rs. 5 Lakhs (Lehman Brothers), the process resulted in the batch of 2009 being placed in exclusive roles with the best companies in the industry, both from
and abroad. Lehman Brothers, J P Morgan Chase, Hay and Microsoft offered stipends of more than a lakh (for domestic offers), while Novartis, HUL, ABG, P&G, Transworld, Asian Paints and ICICI made foreign offers. HSBC, Ernst & Young, ABG, Edelweiss, Deloitte Consulting, IBM and Nokia were the largest recruiters this year with the highest number of accepted offers. Other premier recruiters include Carlyle, Accenture Business Consulting, KPMG, TAS, Yahoo etc. India
- Highest Domestic Stipend of Rs 5 Lakhs by Lehman Investment Banking
- Highest International Stipend of Rs 1.75 Lakhs by Novartis
- Around 10 overseas offers were made from Novartis, HUL, ABG, P&G, Transworld, Asian Paints and ICICI
- 2/3rd of the batch placed in Slot 1 in less than 36 hours
- First time recruiters in the Financial sector include Lehman Investment Banking, 8 Capital Hedge Fund, Indea Capital, Lotus Asset Management etc
- 20 companies took part in the process for the First time
- 60+ companies made internship offers to the batch
Thursday, November 01, 2007
PG rated ;-)